Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Monday - NYE

Dear readers of this terribly written blog,
We started off the morning getting some nice nice breakfast at the hotel... it's pretty good for the west side. The girls then went off to The Wheeler Mission for Women and Children to clean and scrub while the great guys went to paint some things. They told us we were really good workers and we got ice cream. This was only the guys though, because the girls in our group aren't that outstanding at working. The girls didn't get ice cream like we did... they just did it out of the goodness of their hearts! Later in the evening, we went to lazer tag where the red team(my team) owned! :D <yes, that's a smiley face.. just turn your head. After that, we got some awesome steak and shake. After dinner, we went to a boring book store to get children books and as much as I would like to babble on, I need to go play some sweet 500 Rummy with my homeboys.
Chow! (wait, that isn't how you spell that?!)
From your awesome youth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kevin and Tommy

Good Evening Everyone...I wanted to send a special Thank you  to everyone who donated money to support the mission project (Literacy Labyrinth) for our conference. As I was on the floor, searching for one of my children's favorite books I stopped.... to listen to all our "children" gasping and sharing stories of their favorites with each other and who read it to them!  At least, I thought it was all the children, but after reading the above blog maybe it was mostly the girls (Melissa being the most excited)!  It was a wonderful sound and I really enjoyed hearing everyone pick out their favorite childhood stories.  I am very happy with the selection of  books you and our children chose to share. I believe these stories will become their favorites as well.  Listed below are your children' s favorites.... can you find yours or better yet, the ones you read to them?

Goodnight Moon
Charlotte's Web
A Bad Case of Stripes
Goodnight Gorilla
The Mother Daughter Book Club
Matt Christopher Soccer Hero
Little Blue Truck
Brave
Where the Red Fern Grows
The Adventures of Captain Underpants
Junie B. Jones- A Little Monkey Business
Matt Christopher- Soccer Duel
Are You My Mother
Calvin and Hobbes- Something Under the Bed is Drooling
The Story of Ferdinand the Bull
Just Shopping with Mom
Merriam-Websters Rhyming Dictionary
Frog and Toad All Year
Oh, the Places You'll Go!
The Grouchy Ladybug
The Sneetches and other Stories
The Very Dizzy Dinosaur
The Mitten
Love You Forever

As I type this note to you, Melissa has already read Love You Forever to the girls!  I used to read/sing this story to Ryan and he would sing it with me, but for some odd reason he doesn't remember doing that at all!  What a great group of kids!

Thanks....
Leeann : )


No comments:

Post a Comment